27 Jul Eco–Sirenis Travel Tips
Sirenis Hotels & Resorts is committed to protecting the environment.
Climate change is impacting the environment in ways that affect populations and productive activities, as well as ecosystems and natural resources. Analyzing its implications and trends is an obligation for human development planning, for our productive activities, our engagement in environmentally friendly practices like linen and towel re-use, recycling and composting, solar panel, etc.
Together we make a difference!
These seem like really good tips to follow while on vacation:
• Use biodegradable reef-friendly sunscreen
• Don’t forget to turn off air conditioner / heater when you are not using it.
• Never leave lights on when you are not in the room.
• Lower the thermostat when you leave the room for long periods of time.
• If your destination is a warm climate then close the drapes. This will keep the room cooler.
• Leave unopened shampoo, soap, and other items in the hotel unless you are taking it home to use.
• Avoid room service and carry-out which increase waste.
• Use water sparingly. In some places this is a very scarce resource.
• Never buy items made from endangered species.
• Walk or use public transportation.
• Grab only the maps and brochures that you will actually use. If in a large group, share brochures whenever possible.
• Take pictures and leave the location as you found it. Never remove wildlife from its natural environment including shells, flowers and coral.
• Avoid destroying vegetation.
• Buy locally produced produce in order to reduce the pollution required to import goods.
• A great tip is to remember to act in a hotel like you would at home – avoid getting clean towels when not necessary, don’t have long showers and something frequently forgotten is to turn off TV, lights and air conditioner when you leave the room. Often, housekeeping will swap out your towels even if you follow the “towel on the floor means exchange” rule.
• Every kilo counts when flying. The more a plane weighs the more carbon emissions it produces. Pack only what you need – the environment will thank you.
• Let reception know if you see a water leak anywhere.
• Collect your rubbish when on the beach or out and about
• Don’t throw lit cigarettes out of the car window – during the summer it’s very easy to cause a fire
Thank you for generous support; with your contribution you give a voice to the environment.